enVisionmath2.0 is now our K-5 Mathematics Program
After a year of exploring, piloting, and preparing, we have launched the implementation of enVisionmath2.0 in our elementary schools this fall. After a number of years with Everyday Mathematics, this new program brings with it:
- alignment to the Common Core State Standards, including the Standards for Mathematical Practice
- student-friendly "I Can..." statements with each lesson
- both print and electronic editions, providing flexibility
- a variety of assessment formats
- an increase in support resources for parents
The launch started with trainings from Pearson representatives, and will be followed up by late-start opportunities, in-house coaching by Kate Greeley, and possible "train-the-trainer" days with Pearson trainers. Speaking of Kate, she remains our Elementary Technology Integrator, but will carry a greater emphasis on the support of the implementation. Her favorite type of question involves the use of technology in support of the program!!
We recognize the heavy lifting that a new program adoption involves, and are looking forward to increased student achievement in mathematics because of what this program brings, and what our teachers will do to support their students.
Our Proficiency-based Learning Commitments